Oil and Gas Transportation and Storage
Acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary for pipeline design, building and control as well as oil and gas storage. The aim is to prepare the students to plan the infrastructure for oil and gas processing and be able to conduct the whole operation – from design to transport.
Oil and natural gas transportation (on and off-shore), pipelines design, building and control, oil and gases storage types, oil tanks, case studies.
Learning outcomes at the level of the course:
- Design pipeline system according to project details and transported fluid properties;
- Judge pipeline conditions and choose appropriate repairment method;
- Categorize oil and gas storage types;
- Plan natural gas processing steps and needed storage infrastructure;
- Compare different oil storage types;
- Choose appropriate oil storage tank.