Course objectives: Acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary for independent planning, execution and supervision of various tasks in the field of petroleum and geoenergy engineering. Master thesis can be prepared on the basis of any of the courses in the first year. Only students who successfully passed all exams from the first year of study can enroll.
Course content: Student prepare master thesis under supervision of a selected mentor.
Learning outcomes at the level of the course:
- Highlight the basic objectives of the thesis with regard to the selected master thesis topic;
- Analyze the search results of available literature related to the selected topic master thesis topic;
- In collaboration with the mentor, design research in accordance with the selected topic master thesis topic;
- Compare different applied methods and procedures in research work;
- Organize individual chapters of the master thesis in accordance with the selected master thesis topic, planned research and the proposed concept of the work;
- Prepare a written master thesis;
- Evaluate the results obtained by research within the master thesis topic;
- Make a conclusion based on the obtained research results.