Integrated Well Logging and Seismic Data Interpretation
Course objectives: Students shall develop basic knowledge and skills within seismic reflection data interpretation and their correlation to well logging data, as necessary to understand the subsurface relationships and to delineate reservoirs.
- Theoretical knowledge about seismic reflections from geological boundaries;
- Seismic acquisition and processing principles of 2D and 3D seismic data;
- Well logging data acquisition and seismic-well tie;
- Vertical and horizontal resolution of seismic data;
- Direct hydrocarbon indicators;
- Basic seismic interpretation techniques;
- Map generation;
- Time to depth conversion;
- Fundamental seismic attributes.
Learning outcomes at the level of the course:
- Explain fundamental aspects of seismic wave propagation;
- Make interpretations of the more common well logging measurements;
- Correlate the results of different logging measurements;
- Perform well-seismic ties;
- Construct synthetic seismograms;
- Construct 3D surface based on well logging and seismic data.