Deep Well Injection of Petroleum Engineering Waste
Course objectives: Acquiring knowledge for selection waste underground injection technologies, injection formation selection, tracking of underground spreading the injected waste fluid, and monitoring of injection quality and injection well integrity.
- Legal basis in the Republic of Croatia in the field of waste injection into deep wells;
- History of petroleum waste underground injection;
- Selection of waste disposal sites.
- Injection wells;
- Waste injection technology;
- Regulations and criteria for injection wells;
- Area of Review (AoR) (modelling of underground waste spreading);
- Monitoring of the injection process and mechanical integrity of injection wells;
- Underground injection of CO2 (CO2 injection well construction, impact of CO2 on set cement and casing);
- Waste disposal through wells in salt caverns;
- Analysis of examples from practice.
Learning outcomes at the level of the course:
- Apply legal regulations in the field of injection of petroleum waste into deep wells;
- Compare the classes of injection wells for hazardous and non-hazardous waste;
- Valorise waste fluid injection methods;
- Assess the injection well and geological formations suitable for waste injection;
- Design the process of CO2 underground injection.