Application of Drilling Engineering Software
Course objectives: Acquisition of knowledge and skills in the application of software packages in optimizing the drilling process.
- Demonstration of work in Landmark software and all subroutines related to well design;
- Selection of drilling fluid composition for specific sections of a wellbore and determination of drilling fluid properties;
- Selection of drill string components and calculation of longitudinal and torsional stresses in the drill string during drilling;
- Casing string design (appropriate depth of casing setting, dimensioning of casings, etc.);
- Hydraulic calculation during wellbore cleaning and casing cementing;
- Development of a complete well design project.
Learning outcomes at the level of the course:
- Apply the selected software package;
- Design the well trajectory;
- Select the drilling string components and perform the drill string stress analysis;
- Formulate the appropriate well design;
- Perform hydraulic calculation drilling and cementing.