Advanced Drilling Technologies
Course objectives: Acquisition of knowledge for designing casing drilling, underbalanced drilling, managed pressure drilling and extended reach drilling.
- Casing drilling and liner drilling technology;
- Managed pressure drilling (MPD);
- Underbalanced drilling (UBD);
- Specifics of extended reach drilling (ERD);
- Solid expandable tubulars and their applications;
- Analysis of case study.
Learning outcomes at the level of the course:
- Compare casing drilling (CD) methods;
- Design managed pressure drilling (MPD);
- Design under pressure drilling (UBD);
- Formulate the specifics of extended reach drilling (ERD);
- Estimate application of solid expandable tubulars (SET).